ne⋅glect /nɪˈglɛkt/ --verb (used with object)
- to pay no attention or too little attention to; disregard or slight: The public neglected his genius for many years.
- to be remiss in the care or treatment of: to neglect one's family; to neglect one's appearance.
- to omit, through indifference or carelessness: to neglect to reply to an invitation.
- to fail to carry out or perform (orders, duties, etc.): to neglect the household chores.
- to fail to take or use: to neglect no precaution.
Let me tell you what happens when you neglect your blog... Well first, you might be busy or even a little lazy and some (fairly reasonable) amount of time passes since your last post. Then if like me, you will forget the password to the blog because of course it doesn't match any of your other zillion passwords. But its ok because you know the blog is still there and you can look at it from time to time. Next the email address the blog is based upon becomes obsolete when you lose the account due to - you got it - neglect. So now you can't apply for a new password because you no longer have access to the email but again you are reassured because you can still SEE the blog. However, the blog now seems to taunt you with its out-dated posts and long past pics. Eventually you recognize & come to grips with your blog-neglect, swallow your pride, and ask assistance from someone more knowledgable in matters such as these... perhaps a somewhat bemused spouse. At any rate, the season has passed and it a time for refreshment. Blog on!